How to Help
Your gift, however large or small, means we can continue supporting the oldest maternity teaching hospital in the World, The Rotunda for generations to come by;
- Improving the care that premature and critically ill babies receive
- Investing in groundbreaking research
- Offering the best personal support to parents going through a difficult journey with their baby.
Take part in an Event or Have your own Event and Fundraise for the Foundation
Fundraise for us
We’d love if you would help the Rotunda Foundation by taking part or holding an event at home, school, college or workplace.
As Teams, Groups or Individuals whatever you decide to do we will support you every step of the way, the main thing is for you to celebrate and have lots of fun. If you can raise a little or a lot it can help critically ill babies and make a real impact.
We have lots of ideas for Children’s Party’s, Adults, Teenagers, School’s, Colleges and Company’s including Bake Off Competitions, Tentacles for Tinies Challenges, Morning Dance Party’s, Yogathon’s and lots, lots more.
These are just some sample ideas you may have your own, either way when you decide what you would like to do it’s very important to let us know what you are planning and when. This process also links us together so the Foundation can authorise your fudraiser or event.
We are here to help get in touch for full details and to discuss you plans, we’d love to hear from you
Take part in an Event or Organise your own
See our Events Page for details of major public events taking place throughout the year, including Marathons, 5K and 10K walks, Cycling Events, Endurance Challenges, and more.
Organise your own event, perhaps a Fashion Show, Coffee Morning or Cake Sale it’s up to you. Gather support from your friends and colleagues to help organise your event.
Once you decide it’s easy just follow the steps below:
Taking Part in a Public Event:
- Contact us and let us know what you are planning to do – this process links us together so you and your event will be officially supported by the Rotunda Foundation and you will be provided with a unique authorisation number.
- Create your Online Rotunda Foundation Fundraising Page
- Registered yourself for your selected event through the organisers website
- Use your social media channels to spread the word, get more sponsorship and donations to your fundraising page. We will also share your event through our social media channels to help you raise support.
Organising your own event:
- Contact us and let us know what you are planning to do – this process links us together so you and your event will be officially supported by the Rotunda Foundation you will be provided with a unique authorisation number.
- Decide how you would like to raise the funds with our Team, perhaps your event would need to have an online fundraising page, or you want your guests to make a donation when they arrive, we will work with you to find the most suitable way to help you achieve this.
- It may be possible to raise support for your event using your social media channels to spread the word, get more sponsorship and support for your event. Our team will work with you if applicable to find the best way to share your event through our social media channels to help you raise as much support as we can.
Other ways to support
Give in Celebration
Make a donation in celebration of a birthday or anniversary.
Our team can assist you with your celebration of a special event for someone you love, that you, your friends, family and colleagues can contribute to over a specific time.
It is a wonderful way to create better chances for new born and premature babies.
Wedding favours are a wonderful way to show your guests you care, we will assist you to create a very special memory for your family and friends of your special day.
Our team will be happy to help please do not hesitate to contact us for full information and assistance.
Give in Memory
Make a donation to commemorate the life of a loved one.
We would be happy to help you and answer any queries you have. Please do not hesitate to contact us for full information or assistance.
Making a Major Gift
Major Gifts can make an enormous difference to our work they allow us to plan ahead, respond quicker and further develop our services to our patients, families and the community.
If you decide you would like to give a major gift our team can work with you in complete confidence to see what areas of the Hospital you would like your gift to fund.
We will keep you up to date of the impact of the work you are funding and tell you about events and other areas of our work that may interest you. As a major Benefactor with the Rotunda Foundation you will directly see the visible impact of your support on the lives of our most precious patients.
Our team will be happy to help please do not hesitate to contact us in the strictest of confidence for further information, we’d be delighted to assist you.
Leave a Legacy
We are committed to ensuring every baby gets the best possible start in life. Leaving a gift in your Will is particularly personal way to make a lasting difference to a cause you care about.
After providing for those you love, we would like you to consider remembering the Rotunda Foundation, so that we can continue to support our very special patients, their families and the community.
Your gift, however large or small, means we can continue supporting the oldest maternity teaching hospital in the world for generations to come.
Our Benefactors since our founding have donated gifts in wills and in memory of a loved one from supporters like you, we hope you will take this opportunity to do the same.
Our team would be happy to talk you through your plans in in the strictest of confidence.
Donate a Gift
Support the Foundation by donating a gift or service from you company that we can raffle to raise funds, use as a spot prize at one of our events, or assist us with your professional services.
Please contact us to see how you can help and discuss your gift donation ideas, we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Rotunda Knitters
The Rotunda Knitters are some of the most important volunteers to the Rotunda Foundation, through their wonderful creative work they support many areas of the hospital including;
Crocheting the ‘Tentacles for Tinies’ Octopus for the NICU Department Initiative that helps to ease stress for the baby’s and their parents.
Providing tiny clothes to parents of premature babies such as cardigans, hats, and capes.
Beautiful white blankets with such magnificent detail for the Bereavement Team. Blankets, cardigans, boots and hats for other babies born at the Rotunda. Their work is always appreciation by the families who receive them.
If you or your friends can knit or crochet you too can become part of this wonderful community by following them on Rotunda Knitters Facebook Page for patterns, photo’s and updates of the wonderful work they are doing.